Monday, March 16, 2009

Sneak Peek

Here's a sneak peek at a piece I just started.

This was fun because I just grabbed my bag of clay, a coyote gourd and my favorite sculpting tool and started playing without a thought in my head as to what i was creating. I made a wizened little human-like face then played around with what type of ears looked best & settled on mouse ears. I mounted the head on another gourd for a potbellied mouse but he decided to become Alice in Wonderland's Dormouse (after the Mad Hatter & the March Hare stuffed him sleeping into the teapot. He's just awakened and is peering sleepily out of it.

He's actually a good bit further along at this point as his paws are sculpted and he has fur so stay tuned....

7 comments:

Sarah Sullivan said...

His face is just darling!!! Lovve it - can't wait to see more!!!!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

JOSIE!!!! This is wonderful!
Hey I can hardly wait to get my chick and bunny!!!!
You amaze me with your imagination!
Pat

Light and Shadow Studio said...

This is going to be great my blonde friend! The face is enchanting and I love the way you incorporated the gourd top in to the handle of the teapot. You are soooo smart. Um..this does look cute...does this mean you are going over to the cute side??? Can't wait to see him finished.
Tamster

Unknown said...

Josie,

OMG....so imaginative. Wow...speechless....cant wait to see it when it is completed.

Smiles,

Sonia ;)

Unknown said...

This is going to look so awesome when it it done! Can't wait to see it :o)

The Studio at Crow Haven Farm, LLC said...

Josie, I sure can't wait to see this little dude done...look at that face on him... ohhhhhhh I'm all excited! Make sure you post and keep us all updated on this little guy!
Cheers!

Flora said...

Josie this is too wonderful!!!, I love the expression too!!!
blessings,Flora