Monday, July 27, 2009

Malice in Wonderland...

I am so overdue for a blog post...my apologies to all!

The cat bite finger incision is healed but my finger is still swollen so pretty much unusable for everyday tasks although I can bend as far as I need to now for grasping a pen or a paintbrush. Good thing for me I'm ambidextrous so I can continue to create.

The kitten is still living on my porch although it is now IN the house more than in the kennel. Hubby still will not say I can have her but she is growing on him & I will be taking her to get fixed next Friday so even if I cannot at least she will not be perpetuating the homeless kitten/feral cat problem.

Oooo...we're having a Malice in Wonderland challenge in AHQU! I'm very excited because this was one I suggested a over a year ago. I have two ideas for this theme in my head. Here's one, this weekend I paid a buck for a forlorn 1987 brinn porcelain angel doll at a yard sale. Her one thumb is chipped off and her hair was all tangled so I removed her wig. It's blond and I want her to have black hair so I'll have to do some research to see if it can be salvaged/colored.




I took a before and after pic...after I "bitched" up her features...LOL and she looks pretty sinister so far so she should make a great dark Alice.






LOL...this will be the second angel that I've given new life to (albeit on the darker side). The other one was Belinda, a witch that used to be a blocky blunt-featured Christmas Angel.



Aw Geez, I'm probably offending someone. I'll stop now ; )

6 comments:

Gourdqueen said...

Now that is COOL!!!! Leave it to you to destroy a beautiful doll! Bwahahaha!! Just kidding!
Don't worry I don't think anyone will pick one you as long as it's not causing harm to some poor defenseless animal.
I've got to start thinking about Malice in Wonderland myself.....I'll go find a discarded gourd somewhere!
Gourdie

Unknown said...

Good job...scared the hell out of me...LOL

xoxoxo S

glad your better

BoneyLittleFingers said...

Josie, try alcohol inks on the hair. I find that they color just about everything.
Can't wait to see your new (m)Alice finished.

Jamie Lott said...

Jozay, Jozay, Jozay....if you start worrying about offendin' folks, I'll have to find a new idol!

I want (M)Alice already!!!

Skeleton In My Closet said...

Heeheehee. I think she looks a little like Regan in the Exorcist. I sanded her but I can still see the blend of one cheekbone so I guess the dremel will have to come out. I'll have to try the alcohol inks. Hadn't thought of that...thanks!

Skellyton Art said...

Oh Josie! I love it! I would love to do that to a Christmas angel. Working retail for 20 years I lost "normal" affection for the holiday. "Retail" Christmas is such hell. I am not anti Christmas...Just all the artifical hype.
I need to stop before "I" offend someone.
I SOoo appreciate your talent!

Shirley