Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Great National Halloween Convention!

Wendy taking a break near the bookcase of the Victorian parlor.



Last weekend was the annual Nat'l Haunters Convention in King of Prussia, Pa.  And Dani Nelson (founder) and Wendy Lamont (co-owner) put up a spectacular and flawless Spookytime Jingles display - this is STJ's third year at the convention and the second to win an award for the best display.  Each year we move closer and closer to the entrance as the convention managers realize what a big draw we are!  They had lots of help; hubbies and other STJ vendors were there to help set-up and run the sales table and they did a fabulous and spooktactular job!

Once again, we had a wonderfully successful showing and I am excited to say 6 of my 8 pieces sold!  I am especially flattered to find out that Bill Frazetta (yes, son of famous fantasy artist Frank Frazetta whose artwork I've drooled over since high school)  has personally collected two pieces!!  My tall Celebrate Oct 31 witch and the piece that was on STJ last month-the masquerading skelly bobber bust!  Bill is a big collector of Halloween art and the owner of Frazettas Costumes!  I'm going to have to make sure I have a bigger inventory to send next year!

A HUGE thanks to all of you who have supported my wicked art habit, especially my regulars - you guys keep me in art supplies!  I love ya's!

4 comments:

maddyrose said...

Congrats on selling those 6 pieces. Your creations are wonderful so it's no surprize you did so well.

Skeleton In My Closet said...

Aw, Maddy, you are a sweetie to say so ~ Thanks!

idrawpix said...

So happy for your success! Well deserved! I am also happy that I already own a couple of your pieces. I do have GOOD taste!!
:)
Karen

maddyrose said...

Josie Dear, I have left you an award on my blog.