Thursday, November 12, 2009

STJ Sneaky Peeky & BWBA Blog News

Sheeez, poor neglected bloggie.



And I only have time to post a sneak peek at this months SpookytimeJingles offering set to pop at midnight tonight. I have these great little penguin gourds that lend themselves to many great body shapes. For my Halloween page entry, I've cut up a bigger bottle gourd to attach to a small penguin gourd for the wings and a tail of an owl. Then I pretty much amazed myself when I googled images of flying barn owls for coloration I found a profile image of an owl in flight that my concoction replicates to a "T" proportion-wise. Sometimes, try as I might to distort proportion to add whimsy, I've found that realism has crept on in or I've gotten too detailed. Many projects stop dead in their tracks because I've added too much detail. Anyway, here's a look at my "Gliding Barn Owl"






For my Christmas page I again took a very strong cue from the penguin gourds and made two darling li'l penguin chicks. It helped that I had just recently watch "March of the Penguins" on The Weather Channel. For these two I did manage to capture the fun & whimsy. This is Chilly and Willy and they've been glitterized. Hard to see in the pics. They are 8-9" tall.

And WOOHOO...We're planning a blog giveaway over at BWBA! There are 7 members commited to donating a handmade ornie so far and I just put out a last call to the rest to see if any more want to jump on board. And all ya have to do is be (or become) a follower and post a comment saying "I Believe!" in the giveaway thread. We're going to start this the weekend before Thanksgiving and run it for about two weeks to give folks plenty of time to spread the word.

8 comments:

Brenda LaBell said...

Wow Josie, they are amazing!! I love them. Great job!!

Brenda

Zan Asha said...

Josie, your art is just spectacular! Love all the birds!!

xox
Zan

Pattee said...

You are so clever Josie! I love your imagination!
I will love anything you do~
PAttee

Sonia ;) said...

Josie....

They are amazing!!!!

Sherry Byrum said...

Josie I love them all!! You are so talented!!!

Skeleton In My Closet said...

aw....thank you all for your sweet words! : - )

Josie

Michelle Kelsey said...

Josie, The owl is beautiful. The penguins are darling!

~Michelle~

Nishant said...

I love your imagination!


Work From Home