Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Just stopped in to wish each and everyone of you a wonderful Thanksgiving. It's nice to have all the kids in the house together at the same time. We always love to reminisce and tell funny antidotes about their childhood. For instance, there is my youngest, Dylan, famous for his spoonerisms around ages 4 and 5; "My dad's out lowing the mawn" and his foreshortening of certain words - "Goutta here" for "Get out of here" & "Gwoffa me" for "Get off of me" & "Get aray!" for "Get away!" for I was always tackling him to hug & kiss his neck. I can never quite remember how he mangled Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles but it was barely recognizable & totally endearing.

Sigh, I love 'em at that age.

I've made an observation from reviewing my feedjit for traffic reporting at the bottom right of my blog. It's fascinating to see where everyone is coming from. Recently there has been a big influx of international visitors to my blog via a google search for Humpty's Fall.

I have a post in January of this year regarding the sculpt I did using a goose egg that I carefully broke apart to use as Humpty, post fall. It was for a group challenge for the now (sad to say) defunct artists' web group MRSBO (Mrs Blathersbys Orphanage for the Unattractive and Mentally Unsound). The theme of the challenge was Storybook Victims. Anyway, of 50 listings that feedjit displays, approximately two/fifths of them came here via a google search for "humpty's fall". I am dying of curiosity as to why there is a sudden search for the words "Humpty's Fall".

I am hoping at least one of them will read this current post and explain it to me.


Josie

2 comments:

Zan Asha said...

Hey Josie, Happy Halloween. Wow, I didn't know Mrs. Blathersby's Orphanage was over, I actually quite liked many of it's members!

I'd be curious about Humpty's Fall, too, but good to know people come to your site, as they should :) You have great stuff going on!

Skeleton In My Closet said...

Thanks Zan : - )

There was never any official closing of the group. The founder had a baby and seemed to lose interest in maintaining the group. I really wish she had assigned temporary leadership to someone because the premise of it was fantastic and it was my favorite group.

No one's posted on the blog since February and I go to the forum once every few months and find maybe one new posting (if that) each time.

Josie