Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wow...My first Blog Post

Okay, I don't know how good I'm going to be at this, but here goes...

Lessee, it's mid-August and I've just pulled my listing of my Fly-Frog-Pumkin sculpt off Ebay to change out the base. That candlestick just wasn't working for me, ya know?

I figured that if, when I got home from work yesterday and the thing had no bids I'd remove the listing. Wouldn't ya know it, I immediately got an email from someone who said she planned to buy it, would I be relisting?

My son's girlfriend put into words what I could not about what was bothering me about it. She said it looked mismatched. Anyway the one I've chosen now suits it much better. I hope to have it finished & put back up tonight. I'll post it's link when I do.

Hmmmm...other things in the works...I've got my Possessed Nun waiting in the wings for the MRSBO launch at the end of August. The members of that group are participating in a doll swap and I haven't even started mine yet (and it was my idea!). That's due at the end of August. I'd better get started on that one pronto!

Another one of my groups -AHQU (Artistic Halloween Queens Unite) is participating in a swap as well. That's a September due date so there is some breathing room there but I am a procrastinator with a capital 'P'.

Found some great things at yard sales last week that I can revamp as suitable Halloween art props-a buggy (amish-type but not for long!), a small handmade wooden wagon and a larger wheelbarrow type wagon. Got some ideas cooking on how to use these.

Oh well, that's enough for now. Gotta save some for another day. : 0 )

7 comments:

Diane MacNaughtan said...

WaHOO!!! Josie you are a BLOGGER!!!

I really like your blog. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with your yard sale finds!!

~Diane

Melissa said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. Look forward to reading about your brilliant works.

Tammy said...

Hey Josie, looking good. I am not a blogger and probably never will be but sometimes read and post at my friends site. Good for you! I wondered what happened to your nun. That was a great piece. Anyway good luck and I hope to see some great stuff with your garage sale finds.
-Tammy

artistagenda2 said...

Josie, I am proud of you, I have not done so well with blogging or even my space...you go girl!

How are we supposed to locate the time, that's my problem. My husband and sons already think I am hooked up to the computer by an I.V.! Just imagine if I had an ongoing blog? I will check in on yours, though.

I am doing the same thing you did with your frog w/my spoiled rotten jol...I keep re-thinking and re-working it. Maybe by this weekend it will get listed. I have to, with surgery looming next week!

artistagenda2 said...

omg, just realized I didn't sign my response. :(

laurie(lvogelartstudio)

Cypress Hollow said...

Josie so cool your a blogger now!!
Just have fun with it. I play with photobucket on mine and had a blast decorating. You'll do great and off to a wonderful start! I will add you to mine and keep an eye on yours too!

Diane MacNaughtan said...

HELLOOOOOO Josie !
Just popping in to wish you a Fun filled holiday weekend :)

~Diane